Even though the cost of the solar appliances is diminishing progressively, the cost of installing one is still prohibitive. Nevertheless, there are interesting facts about the solar systems that every green conscious individual ought to know. These facts are as follows.
- The demand for solar systems in Australia is at an elevated level and keeps on soaring. In the year 2014, solar systems developers installed about 96% more solar panels as compared to the preceding year. It is estimated that the total USA solar installation may hit up to about 5000 megawatts by 2017.
- Solar energy is the most abundant energy resources on the earth with more than 172,000 tetra watts of solar energy striking the earth’s surface continuously.
- The solar systems emit far fewer greenhouse gas emissions than fossil fuels hence they have a substantially lower impact climate change as compared to fossil fuels when comparison is made.
- Expansion of solar power is indispensable in meeting the global climate goals, hence, changes have to be made in the energy sector in order to limit global warming to 200c from the pre-industrialization era. Therefore, solar energy will provide the fastest growth of more than ten percent in the global electricity demands by the year 2050.
- As the price of the solar systems continues to fall, the solar energy is continuously becoming a key economic energy alternative for numerous American homeowners and enterprises. Yet, the greatest challenge to affordable solar energy still remains its affordability in relation to the “soft expenses” e.g. zoning cost and connecting solar system to the power grid.
- Public lands do play a significant role in the expansion of the Australian renewable energy supply together with state and private land. These public lands store a significant wind, solar and geothermal resources, yet development are not appropriated everywhere.